Winter Quarter Meeting Plan:
We are continuing on this winter as we did in the fall. We believe Life Groups are still the best way to be connected, no matter the season we are in.
As we move toward our Winter Life Group Quarter, our current recommendation is to keep groups online capable so we can keep connection no matter what is ahead of us. We know many groups are going to continue to meet online through the winter. However, we realize there is an option, at this point, to meet in person outside when using the social distancing guidelines provided by our health officials (https://www.cdc.gov and https://files.covid19.ca.gov and https://www.sandiegocounty.gov). Here are the three meeting types for this winter:
- Online Only: These groups will meet exclusively online.
- In-Person: These groups will meet in person, following the current CDC guidelines.
- Hybrid: These groups will meet in a combination of both in-person and online. This could look like alternating between online and in-person, or it could be some people meeting in person and others joining them via video.
*Please prepare to be flexible as the state/county guidelines may change over the quarter.
Groups meeting “in-person”:
We recommend all Life Groups meet outside, following the current CDC guidelines and keeping these safety guidelines in mind:
- Screening – Each person should check themselves for symptoms (i.e. cough, temperature, loss of taste) prior to each group meeting. If someone has symptoms or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, they should not attend the group in person.
- Sanitization & Hygiene – Each person should wash their hands and sanitize any personal items shared. Pre-packed food should be the only food available, and no sharing of food.
- Physical Distancing – Each person should stay outdoors when possible and at-least six feet from people who are not in their personal household.
- Face Coverings – Each person should wear a face covering when in close proximity with someone not in their household. When at a safe distance (six feet or more and outdoors), each person may choose to unmask.
Creative options for your group:
We trust you will check in with all members of your group regarding what they would be comfortable with as you navigate how your group is going to meet this quarter. We realize everyone has their own unique situation and good reason for their preferences. Our goal is that no one is left behind in this potentially isolating season. Here are a few options for how your group could meet through the Winter Quarter to help accommodate everyone and their preferences:
- Meet exclusively online
- Alternate meeting in person and online every other week
- Meet online but meet in person for socials
- Meet in person outdoors while weather allows, then switch to online meetings
- Meet in person outdoors and have others Zoom/Facetime in
- Members try a new group that fits their desired preference
- Life Group Sign-ups:
- Winter Quarter Meeting Dates:
January 17 – March 20
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]